Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Resurrecting an old blog...

Throughout my jiu-jitsu journey, I've often wished I had kept some sort of moves log. Previously, I used this blog to document everything about my training sessions but did not find it particularly useful and quite frankly it took too much time. I resurrected the blog and wiped the slate clean and now this will mostly serve as a moves log and maybe some very brief training updates tracking how much I'm training. I'll have to play around with formatting and tagging and what exactly I want to put up here so if you manage to stumble to this page, things might come appear and disappear for a while.

For the few people who used to read this blog (and who might have it kicking around a reader or something), I received my blue belt over a year ago from Phil Migliarese. I now feel as an experienced blue that while I know very little technique, I am capable of doing everything. This is an exciting time.

2 comments:

  1. Welcome back! Shame you deleted the old posts: always nice to have some history. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, maybe I should have saved them but I just wanted this to be a complete fresh start. There was just a lot I didn't like about those posts and reading through them all, I didn't feel like I got much value out of it. As a now completely open guard focused player, I think I'll get some good stuff up here that I feel like I always mean to write down. Not just the standard armbar from guard business.

    Also, congrats on the purple! It seems like you've come a long way in the past 1.5 years.

    ReplyDelete